On behalf of the wonderful faith community called St. Martin’s Episcopal Church, WELCOME! Thank you for visiting our website. We pray the information presented here moves you to discover more about us and lead you to visit, in person, and join us for Sunday morning worship.
- An Austin Church committed to dismantling racism and working for social justice.
- We welcome those who are unchurched or whose needs and aspirations are unfulfilled by traditional churches.
- Because we view ourselves as a local organic expression of the Body of Christ, the participation of every member in corporate and personal study and reflection, common prayer, stewardship of resources, and fellowship is crucial.
- We are committed to creating space for marginal voices that are unheard in dominant stories.
- We welcome and affirm African American gay and lesbian (LGBT) people and the unique contributions they bring to the church.
- We welcome and affirm multiple types of families.
- Through the Good ground Institute we educate and create strategies for change.
- Through the study of radical African American religious traditions, we will create new ways of being together inspired by Jesus’ proclamation of God’s reign of justice.